Middle Years Program (MYP) is for students from grade 6 to grade 10. The program can go to grade 8 as well. MYP has 8 required subject areas. These required subjects are:
- Arts (Performing art and visual arts)
- Language Acquisition (Foreign Language)
- Language and Literature (English)
- Individuals and Societies (History-Geography etc.)
- Physical and Health Education
The MYP students are lifelong learners who make connections between their studies and real life. The curriculum is inquiry based. The aim is to have internationally minded students who empathize with others. In MYP, the assessment focuses on process and not only the end result. Students focus on locally and globally significant issues by being critical thinkers and reflecting on their learning.
MYP has approaches to Learning (ATL) skills which help students to apply the social, thinking, research, communication, and self-management skills in unfamiliar contexts.
- Are responsible for their own learning
- They connect their learning to the wider world
- Outperform non-IB students in critical academic skills
- Are responsible citizens who take action for global issues
MYP students are required to complete a community project as caring members of community. They make positive difference to the lives of others.